2016-19 Board Members

“I could never resist the call of the trail.”
~Buffalo Bill

The following board members have been elected for a three year term beginning October 1, 2016 through September 30, 2019.

Current members are eligible to vote each year. Ballots were mailed with the 2016 Summer Newsletter.

Diane-BancroftDiane Bancroft – Canton, MI
• President of Friends of I-275 Metro Trail – 8 years
• Program Management Process and Timing Analyst retired from Chrysler Corp.

“I recognize the health, social and economic benefits that trails continue to bring to Michigan communities. I also recognize that every trail in Michigan is the result of planning, organization, outreach and fundraising. The devil is often in the trail details and it’s those details that I help recognize and address. My background in corporate project management helps in organizing successful MTGA events and initiatives, helps bring people together, and helps get things done.”

PatrickBaughanPatrick Baughan – Holt, MI
• Retired owner of Hot Prospects Direct, Inc., a direct marketing firm in Lansing
• Helped start the Michigander Bicycle Tour, working, volunteering and riding all 25 years.

“My goal is to help steer the organization to be the go-to group for trail users and developers to use for information. My involvement in the Michigander Bicycle Tour as a volunteer over the last 25 years has helped keep the dollars flowing for this great cause. I plan to continue.”

Neil-BilletdeauxNeil Billetdeaux – Ann Arbor, MI
• Principal/Senior Landscape Architect – Smith Group JJR
• Landscape Architect – 26 years
• B.S. Botany/Ecology – University of Michigan
• M.L.A., University of Michigan

“I intend to advance the planning and implementation of greenways and trails in the Great Lakes region by acting as a resource and proponent. I will use my skills to assist local communities with advancing their trail concepts and facilitate networking with potential funding sources. I also plan to use this experience to stay current with trends in greenway planning and design.”

ronbockRon Bock – Lansing, MI
• Attorney with Glassen, Rhead, McLean, Campbell & Schumacher, P.L.C. in Lansing.
• Active in the Mid-Michigan chapter of the Michigan Mountain Bike Association and serves as the Trail Coordinator for Anderson Park Mountain Bike Trail in Delta Township.
• Volunteered for the Capital City River Run for ten years and with the Michigan office of Rails to Trails before it became the Michigan Trails and Greenways Alliance.

“My interest in trails is grounded in the environment we create for ourselves. Having been raised in the Detroit area, I got a close-up view of the historic, economic, and legal factors that lead to congestion and sprawl. I want to make sure that trails carve out that green space allowing communities to preserve and improve quality of life for their residents.”

Julie-ClarkJulie Clark – Traverse City, MI
• Former Trails Coordinator for Mecklenberg County, North Carolina
• Has lead the Traverse Area Recreation & Transportation (TART) organization since 2010
• Active in trail development efforts and policies at the local, regional and state level
• Currently serves on the Michigan State Parks Advisory Council

“I hope to help MTGA continue to educate and advocate for the benefits of non-motorized trail networks and ensure trails are considered part of a comprehensive approach to providing economic, social and physical health benefits at a local, regional and state-wide level. I would also like to help MTGA support efforts to identify successful funding and management strategies for the development and maintenance of trail networks throughout the state.”

Jim-DickieJim Dickie – Chesaning, MI
• Retired from the USDA Natural Resources Conservation Service
• Representative of the Michigan Snowmobile Association
“I would like to continue serving on the board to help with “Connecting Michigan” with trails, and to encourage that trails be available for many different uses.”

Rob-PulverRob Pulver – Rockford, MI
• Publisher of Michigan Trails Magazine
• Steel worker and helicopter logger
• Founded Rockford Advertising in 1993
Grand Valley State University graduate in Film/Video and Advertising/Public Relations

“Michigan Trails Magazine is the most interesting and enjoyable project I’ve worked on in my career as a communications professional. It brings together my love of cycling and the trails, and affords me the opportunity to actively promote the trails movement while marketing the use of Michigan trails as a destination tourist attraction. I look forward to continuing to work with MTGA to help support the development of nonmotorized multi-usetrails throughout the state of Michigan.”