Michigander Bicycle Tour
“One of the Top 10 Multi-Day Rides in America”
July 14-21, 2018
Information (more coming soon, bookmark this page)
The Michigander Bicycle Tour combines beautiful trails, Great Lakes beaches, lighthouses, rivers, virgin white pines, and vineyards in this vibrant region known as Central Northern Michigan. Home to the Top of Michigan Trails Council, there are great trails to ride and things to see and do along the way. With the Mighty Mackinac Bridge, Mackinac Island, the stomping grounds of America’s fur traders Madame LaFramboise, and John Jacob Astor, transcendentalists Margaret Fuller and Henry David Thoreau combined with the writings of Jim Harrison, Ernest Hemingway and Henry Wadsworth Longfellow, cyclists will surely be inspired and amazed at the inspiring vistas and challenging terrain in the this region called the Land of Hiawatha.
The tour offers three options; 2-Day Tour, 6-Day Tour or 8-day Tour (which combines both the 2-Day and 6-Day tours). Routes are mostly paved or crushed limestone, and on occasion on dirt roads.
The 2-Day Michigander is designed to be a casual, easy ride up to 25-30 miles each day. It starts and finishes in the same town, so those that prefer a shorter ride can simply turn back at any time. The 6-Day Tour moves upwards of 50-60 miles a day and moves from town to town every two days.
The 2-Day Weekend is designed to be a casual, easy ride. It is a loop ride, which means everyone will ride out and back on the same route, so those that prefer a shorter ride can simply turn back at any time.
This year, the 6-Day Tour will move every 2 days. This means we will loop in and out of camp at each location on the first day, then move on to the next and will just set up camp three times as opposed to six times as in past years. By offering two days in each location, cyclists will have more opportunities to experience the towns and know they can relax a bit more without having to set up and tear down each day as in tours past.
The 8-Day Tour is a combination of the 2-Day Weekend and the 6-Day Tour.
Camping is included with your registration.
About 25% of the riders stay in nearby recommended hotels. For those that prefer to have someone else set up their camp, Michigan Cycling Charters is our official tour provider, they offer rental tents, as well as set up and tear down service for a reasonable fee. In addition to their tenting services, they also offer towel, chair and cooler rentals and shuttle service to our recommended hotels for a nominal fee.
Reservation Form coming soon…
Hotels, Lodges and Inns
We have curated a great list of hotels, inns, cabins and bed and breakfasts as close as we can to camp for those that prefer alternate accommodations.
Rooms do sell out quickly and this is peak summer season in a very busy resort area. For details download the Michigander Information Guide and book early.
The Michigander Bicycle Tour includes:
• Breakfast and Dinner Buffet daily featuring healthy and hearty fare (Vegetarian, Vegan and Gluten Free options). Please note, on Thursday of the tour, we will provide breakfast and lunch and everyone will be on their own for dinner in Traverse City, which is a culinary mecca here in the Upper Midwest.
• Hot Showers/Shower Trucks
• Gourmet Coffee each morning
• Evening Shuttles to local towns
• SAGs with Fresh Ice Water and More Fresh Fruites and Snacks every 10-15 miles
• Baggage transport
• Cell phone charging stations
• Evening entertainment
Additional Fee Based Amenities
• Mobile Bicycle Repair & Maintenance
• Massage Therapists
• Michigan Cycling Charters; Kelty Tent rental with setup and take down each day with your baggage waiting in your tent, set up and take down each day with your baggage in your provided tent, cooler and chair rentals and more.
• 2-Day $145 adult | $95 youth (7-12) | Youth 6 & under are free
• 6-Day $475 adult | $425 youth (7-12) | Youth 6 & under are free
• 8-Day $550 | $475 youth (7-12) | Youth 6 & under are free
Youth 6 & under are free with parent or legal guardian, all minors must have medical release forms with them at all times during the ride.
Meal plans for non-riding companions are available for purchase during the registration process.
Information Guide: Coming Soon…
- January 31: Registration Opens
- January 31: Official 2017 Michigander Ride Jersey will be available for preorder.
- January 31: Paper Registration will be available for those who prefer to pay by check.
- May 1: Preorder merchandise for ride jerseys and tee shirts closes
(We will have a limited supply of merchandise available on the ride, it is always best to preorder).
- May 1: Paper registrations with payment by check closes.
- June 15: No refunds.
- July 3: Registration closes.
- RunSignUp assesses a registration fee ranging from $6 to $25 per registrant which is dependent on the base cost of your ride registration. ]You will see the registration fee at check out.
- Online registrants may cancel their ride registration at any time through June 15 with a $35 cancellation fee.
- Online merchandise cancellations must be processed by us via email to process the cancellation (sorry, the program doesn’t let you cancel at this time).
- Paper registrants may cancel their ride registration through June 15 with a $35 cancellation fee and all requests must be received via email.
- Questions? Email (info (at) michigantrails. org) is the best way to reach us. If you prefer to call, our number is 517-485-6022 and we are available Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. Calling after hours? Sure, just leave a detailed message.
- Stay in the know via regular updates through the Michigander Bicycle Tour Facebook Page.
Paper registrations with payment by check will be accepted between January 31 and May 1, 2018.
Information Guide: Coming Soon…
Looking for the Michigander Merchandise Store? Click here.