Communications and Events Intern
We will open this up for resume submissions on or before August 1, 2018.
Michigan Trails and Greenways Alliance, an affiliate of the statewide nonprofit, Michigan Fitness Foundation, is looking to hire an enthusiastic marketing and events intern to assist with carrying out our mission of helping people build, promote, and connect trails for a healthier and more prosperous Michigan.
Working under the executive director and assistant director, qualified candidates are undergraduate seniors and/or graduate students seeking on-the-job experience. Excellent writing and communication skills required. Applicants should be task oriented, highly organized and possess excellent research skills, as well as a strong interest in trail development and trail towns tourism initiatives.
Writing & Research
- Writing for at least 2 Newsletter Articles for each of 4 quarterly Michigan Trails newsletters.
- Materials development for meetings and conferences.
- Information gathering.
- Fact checking online, by telephone and email.
- General research.
- Mail Chimp; Member eBlasts for trail events, trail initiatives, trail meetings and member newsletters.
- Survey Monkey for collecting data regarding trails and trail events.
- Social Media; Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and YouTube.
- Logistics from conception to completion for conferences and trail events.
- Event assistant for The Michigander Bicycle Tour
- Meeting planning for public meetings and conferences.
- Microsoft Office, primarily Outlook, Excel and Word.
- WordPress; updating content, link checking, photo updates.
- Membership updates using Method CRM (general database knowledge)
- Adobe Creative Suite
# Hours Needed
- Academic Year: 12 hours per week on average (to be set between with internship candidate prior to the start of the internship).
- Summer: Up to 32 hours per week.
- Full time (with overtime available)
- Available for the Michigander Bicycle Tour (July 15-22, 2017).
Pay: $10 per hour (benefits not included)
Intern Year: September, 2016 – August, 2017
This is a paid internship located at the Michigan Fitness Foundation in a casual yet professional environment in Old Town Lansing. Located in the northern end of Lansing, Old Town overlooks the Grand River and the Lansing River Trail. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places as the North Lansing Historic Commercial District, the district was established in the mid-19th century and is filled with unique shops and award winning restaurants.
How to Apply
This position will reopen to applicants in August, 2018.