- A Summary of Possible Reversionary Rights and Rights of Entry In Michigan: The document explains the acquisition of railroad property and specifically how this relates to rail-trail development.
- Converting About-To-Be-Abandoned Railroad Rights-Of-Way to Recreational Trails: A comprehensive discussion of how railroad rights-of-way may be converted to recreational trails under the Interstate Commerce Commissions new regulations implementing Section 8(d) of the Trails Act.
- Railroad Rights-of-Way in Michigan: Describes the rights of those entities involved with railroad land development.
- The Story of Railbanking: Railbanking history and rail-trails by the numbers.
- The History of Railroads in Texas: Good article with useful links for the Interstate Commerce Act, transcontinental railroad, economic growth, financing, government relations, etc.