Trail Promotion and Programming
- Trail Events 101: This document was created by Michigan Trails for an event seminar hosted by West Michigan Trails. It is a master list of how to create an event and covers the following topics; Who, What, Where, Why & When, Planning an Event Agenda, Planning Steps, Transportation, Venue, Safety Plan, Budget, Signage & Trail Marking, Refreshments & Restrooms, Sponsors, Entertainment, Marketing & Promotion, Staffing & Volunteers, Pricing the Event, Registration and Post Event Follow Up. If you would like to schedule a seminar with us on Trail Event Planning, please email us, we’d love to talk with you to see how we can assist.
- Sample Event Planning Checklist: Active Network offers a sample checklist as a starting point for planning your own event. Customize it to meet the needs of your trail event, race, charity event or any other type of activity.
- Special Event Form: It is important to know the local ordinances and rules for towns, counties, when planning a trail event. Many towns require event directors to apply to host events on their trails, whether the event is free or for a fee, for 10 people or 1,000. This form is by Kalamazoo County Parks, we like it as it is a great example of the types of forms you will come across when planning trail events.
- Sound Garden Overview: The Sound Garden is located right next to the Clam River, on a paved trail, directly across from Cadillac’s Town Center on a bustling, mile long lakefront walkway.
- Sound Garden Overview: Brochure Example.
- Valet Bike Parking Inventory List: On-Site Inventory List to keep your event on track.
- Valet Bike Parking Lucinda Means Advocacy Day: Claim Check Example.
- Valet Bike Parking Outline and Process: Overview of Valet Bike Parking.
- Valet Bike Parking Staff Procedures: Check-In and Check-Out Procedures.